Kale , a Dutch Superfood. A Very good example of a superfood that is not all exotic, but in fact is a very ordinary vegetable and original Dutch, it is kale.
10 Reasons why Kale is a Superfood:
1. Kale is low in calories, high in fiber and no fat. A cup of kale containing only 100 grams or 36 cal, 5g fiber. Fibers are good for the intestines, they nourish the enzymes in the gut and stimulate the bowel.
2. Kale contains a lot of iron, per calories kale contains more iron than steak. Iron is good for the health, because it is necessary to make hemoglobin, this is the substance that binds the oxygen with which the cells of the body are supplied with oxygen.
3. Kale contains lots of vitamin K. A diet high in Vitamin K protects the body against cancer. It is also necessary for a large number of functions such as bone health and the prevention of clumping of blood cells.
4. Kale contains a lot of antioxidants, such as carotenoids and flavonoids, which neutralize the free radicals in the body. Free radicals are particles that damage cells and ultimately are the source of all diseases.
5. Kale contains vitamin A, which is important for the eyes, as for the skin and lungs, it helps protect against cancer of the lungs and mouth.
6. Kale is a potent anti-flammatory power supply. Kale contains omega 3 fatty acid that play an important role in the prevention of arthritis, asthma and autoimmune diseases and is building material for brain cells.
7. Kale is important for healthy veins, it helps to decrease the bad cholesterol.
8. Kale contains lots of vitamin C, which is important for the immune system, the digestive system and lot of functions in the body including maintaining healthy cartilage and maintain flexibility of joints.
9. Kale contains lots of calcium, even more than the milk and it comes in a form which is absorbed much better by the body than the calcium in dairy products because besides the calcium, it contains other vitamins and mineral that are necessary for the body.
10. Kale is a powerful cleanser for the body. It contains a lot of fiber and sulfur which both play an important role in removing waste products from the body and maintaining healthy liver.
So you see that is an important superfood that is really inexpensive.
Kale can be prepared in many different ways, ofcourse, the famous kale stew, It is best not to cook the kale too long.
And kale is also very tasty in various smoothies, for example with lime, apple and ginger.
The advantage of a crude form of the kale is that all the vitamins and minerals are preserved in the best possible form.
In both forms, both raw and cooked kale is an important superfood which will improved your health when you eat regularly.
Eating kale on a regular basis is a great way to improve your health.